This post is also available in: Français
Dear beautiful readers,
If you’re like me, you have a ton of questions. You might be looking for answers in the news and on social media, only to find yourself more confused trying to determine what’s ahead of us. I wanted to share with you what’s in my head right now and hopefully provide some guidance.
If you’ve seen the movie Forrest Gump, you might remember the scene where Forrest and Lieutenant Dan have a shrimp boat. It’s the end of the day and all the fishing boats but one has gone back to shore. Forrest and Dan are still trying to figure out a way to catch some shrimp when a huge storm comes in. The storm ended up sinking all the boats but Forrest’s boat, since they were out at sea, manoeuvring it instead of being docked at shore.
We are currently in a pandemic and facing a recession (the storm). But I’m extremely optimistic, and you should be too. Here’s why:
1. We all need nutritious food. Developing delicious, healthy, affordable food is something we are great at. And not only will Evive continue to ensure that our mission statement will shine a light on the current storm, but many other companies as well.
2. We have a fast-moving team – the most creative and hard-working people I know are in this team, we will adjust Evive to this new world.
Look who’s around you, look at your community and team members – we are in this boat together. We will navigate on this rapidly changing sea, making lots of trials and errors and learning faster than ever before. And when the storm passes, because it will pass, we will be stronger, smarter, and more united than ever before.
Here’s what I ask of you in these exceptional times:
1. Ask for help if you need some. The well-being of the crew comes before anything else.
2. Don’t get stuck at the shore. Our environment is evolving, and so should our mindset and approach.
3. Bring your questions forward. It’s our goal to provide as much insight as we can so we’re all aware and confident of the status of our boat.
Here at Evive, we’ll be connecting every day to discuss the wins of the week, our discoveries, and share any updates. And of course, you can expect us to continue sharing our status with you and all the other incredible members of our Evive family.
Let’s rock this boat!