This post is also available in: Français
As a work-at-home mom, it’s taken me some time to figure out my “balancing act.” Maintaining my busy career while upkeeping a household definitely keeps me on my toes. I’m incredibly passionate about my work and of course, being a mom. So when my days are packed to the brim with deadlines, activities, and appointments, I’m at my happiest (and feeling my best).
Don’t get me wrong: my routine constantly changes. As rigorous as my schedule can get, I allow for flexibility to suit my family’s ever-changing needs.
When I first started off as a WAHM, I was all over the place – especially when it came to preparing meals for myself. In the middle of my workday, my lunches would often fall flat. I’d munch on something unhealthy or quickly order take-out. For my sanity and most importantly, my health, I knew this habit needed to change. I always made sure my little one would have something delish but would forgo my plate to focus on work.
Well, as I mentioned, parenting is all about finding a balance and learning! I have since learned to incorporate quick, healthy meals for my entire family (and myself!) to enjoy.
New Evive Lunches
Most recently, Evive released a new line of frozen lunches – and they are BEYOND YUMMY! Filled with healthy ingredients, their lunches boast the most interesting flavour profiles. Plus, they only take about 5 minutes to prepare – so they’re perfect for my day-to-day work routine.
5 Easy Plant-Based Lunches to Make
Stuck on tasty lunch ideas? Here are a few of my favourite recipes:
1. Mac Squash Macaroni
Evive’s Mac Squash frozen lunch wheel puts a vegan twist to a household classic: mac and cheese.
- 1 serving of cooked elbow macaroni
- 1 wheel of Evive’s Mac Squash
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- Chilli pepper flakes and fresh oregano, for garnishing
1. Prepare Evive Mac Squash on the stovetop for about 5 minutes. At the 4-minute mark, add almond milk and mix to combine.
2. Add the prepared Mac Squash to a large bowl along with the cooked pasta and fold.
3. Serve in a bowl and garnish with chilli pepper flakes and fresh oregano.
2. Tom Thaï Rice Bowl
This rice bowl is inspired by Asian cuisine and it’s full of delicious ingredients.
- 1 wheel of Evive’s Tom Thaï
- 1 serving cooked jasmine rice
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chopped green onion
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes, halved
1. Prepare Evive’s Tom Thaï according to the package’s directions.
2. Serve over rice and garnish with sesame seeds followed by green onions and cherry tomatoes.
3. Bam Chili Soup
On cold autumn days, soup is my ultimate go-to meal. Check out how I whipped up this quick bowl of chili soup all thanks to Evive’s Bam Chili frozen lunch wheel.
- 1 wheel of Evive’s Bam Chili
- 2/3 cups water
- 2 tbsp almond milk
- ½ avocado, peeled and sliced
1. Add Bam Chili into a medium saucepan, followed by water. Cook over medium-high heat for about 4-5 minutes.
2. Pour into a serving bowl and drizzle with almond milk. Add sliced avocados on top.
4. Avocado Toast with Cherry Tomatoes and Roasted Chickpeas
This loaded avo toast is out of this world! It’s definitely a family favourite of ours.
- 1 avocado, peeled and mashed
- 2 slices of vegan bread, toasted
- Roasted chickpeas (recipe below!)
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
I recommend making the chickpeas the night before. To do so, you’ll need:
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp EVOO (extra virgin olive oil)
- 2 tsp sweet paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Spread chickpeas on a lined baking sheet. Drizzle with EVOO.
3. Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with sweet paprika. Allow to cool and store in an airtight container or mason jar.
To make the avocado toast:
1. Spread avocado on each piece of toast.
2. Garnish with cherry tomato halves and roasted chickpeas.
3. Drizzle with EVOO and salt and pepper (to your liking!).
5. Japanese Cucumber Salad
Craving something fresh? This quick and simple salad should do the trick!
- 1 large cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp salt
- Sesame seeds, for garnishing
1. Add all ingredients except for sesame seeds to a large bowl and mix.
2. Serve in individual bowls and garnish with sesame seeds.
Which one of these recipes are you eager to try out?