This post is also available in: Français
If you’re looking for a sweet treat to make this long weekend with your smoothie cubes, we’ve got just the thing! Our top-selling Viva and Samouraï smoothies steal the show in this delicious berry swirl buns recipe. Don’t have these flavours already in your freezer? Go snag them at your local grocery store in the organic frozen section! Now, you’ll definitely have something to surprise your loved ones with this Thanksgiving. 💕
Step 1: The Dough
|– 1 cup oat milk|
– 2 tsp. active dry yeast
– 1/3 cup coconut oil
– 2 tbsp. maple syrup
– 3 cups spelt flour
– 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp. cardamom (optional)
- Heat the milk until it is warm, then add the active dry yeast. Stir and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it and the maple syrup to the milk.
- Mix the spelt flour, cinnamon and cardamom together.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet and mix until just combined. Cover with a towel and let sit for 30 minutes to rise.
Step 2: The Filling
- Let the Viva and Samouraï cubes soften in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, soften (don’t melt) the coconut oil and mix with the coconut sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll out the dough into a rectangle shape.
- Spread all filling ingredients across the dough.
- Roll the dough into a cylinder and cut into individual buns.
- Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes at 350 F. Baking time will vary depending on the size of the buns.
Step 3: The Icing
- Combine the softened Viva and Samouraï cubes with the icing sugar. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Drizzle over the berry swirl buns and enjoy! Best served warm.