This post is also available in: Français
Happy Canada Day! This year has definitely made us even more grateful and proud to be a local Canadian company. It makes us happy to be able to establish relationships with local farmers here in Quebec. Some of the local ingredients we have in our smoothies include organic Haskap berries (Lake St-Jean), sea buckthorns (Lake Brôme), organic oats (Gaspésie), and hemp seeds (St-François-de-la-Rivière-du-Sud).
To celebrate Canada Day and officially being able to provide CANADA WIDE FREE SHIPPING 😍, here’s a sweet smoothie bowl recipe that showcases our beautiful Canadian flag. 🇨🇦
|– Samouraï wheels|
– Liquid base: water or plant-based milk
– Toppings: grated coconut and sliced strawberries
– Optional: raspberries, strawberries and/or frozen cranberries
*A large bowl, shallow but large in diameter*
- In a high-speed blender or food processor, pop the cubes from one or two Evive Samouraï wheels. Depending on the quantity desired and the size of the bowl used, you can supplement with a portion of frozen berries (strawberries, raspberries and/or cranberries).
- Let it melt for 5 to 10 minutes. This allows you to need less liquid while creating a thicker and creamier smoothie texture, perfect for garnishing.
- Add a few splashes of liquid and start mixing. If necessary, add a little more liquid, depending on the desired texture. You are looking for a thick texture so that the toppings stay on the surface and doesn’t sink to the bottom of the bowl.
- Arrange the toppings: sprinkle the grated coconut in a large strip in the middle of the bowl. Then cut some large strawberries into thin slices and arrange them to recreate the maple leaf. I like to keep a strawberry tail in order to recreate the tail of the leaf!
Leave a Reply