This post is also available in: Français
Recently, I came up with the idea of creating a dessert to share for special occasions when I receive visitors. This idea was inspired by two products that I particularly like.
- ¾ cup non dairy milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar / lemon juice
- ¼ cup cane sugar
- 1 ¼ all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix the wet ingredients together in a bowl
- In a second bowl, mix all the dry ingredients together. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix (but don’t ovetrmix)
- Oil a pan (8′ by 8′ if square, or about 8 “diameter if round) and pour mixture in 15 to 20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out dry.
- Wait a few minutes then unmold the cake and put on a cooling rack.
• 1 cup of coconut cream
• ½ cup of cold brew coffee (the coconut one was used in this one)
• ½ slice of Azteque Evive smoothie (4 cubes)
Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth.
- 1 cup of coconut cream
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
Put all the ingredients in a high speed blender and mix without over-mixing, so as to keep th coconut creamy.
- ¼ cup of cold brew coffee
- Cocoa powder
- Coffee beans (optional)
- In a glass, place a piece of cake (depending on the diameter of the glass) all the way to the bottom. Poke cake with a toothpick and pour in a tablespoon of cold brew coffee. Repeat the same with the other glasses and let stand about 30 seconds, until the coffee has been absorbed by the cake.
- Pour in the chocolate cream and then the coconut cream on the top.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder and some coffee beans.
- Place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes then enjoy.