This post is also available in: Français
Did someone say Hot Chocolate Cookies?! We are so excited about this delicious new recipe featuring our Azteque smoothie cubes. The holidays are fast approaching and we want this beautiful season to be filled with gratitude and zero stress of what you are going to bake! Whether you’re doing a cookie exchange, setting out cookies for Santa or taking dessert to a family dinner, this is the perfect idea! These cookies are vegan and gluten-free. As well, the addition of the Azteque cubes provides you with nourishing superfoods like goji berry, baobab, moringa, and chlorella which have antioxidant properties. Happy holidays and happy baking!
|Yields: 36 cookies|
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes per tray
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 Azteque wheel, defrosted
- ¾ cup coconut oil, melted
- ¾ cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup cane sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups gluten-free flour
- ½ cup cacao powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup mini vegan marshmallows
- ½ – ¾ cup vegan chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the coconut oil, coconut sugar, cane sugar and vanilla. Add in the softened Azteque cubes and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cacao powder, baking soda, sea salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined. Stir in the mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Place the dough in the fridge to chill for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Using a cookie scooper, separate the dough into 36 balls. Roll the cookie dough balls and gently flatten them before placing them on the baking sheet. Approximately 8-12 will fit on each tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the outside is firm and the centre is still soft. Remove from oven and let sit on the tray for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack. The cookies will continue to firm up as they cool.