This post is also available in: Français
Things are about to get spooky! Whether you are wanting a quick weeknight meal or are serving guests at a Halloween party, this Scary-good Spiderweb Soup featuring our Mac Squash cubes is the perfect festive recipe! Our Mac Squash is filled with grounding, nourishing and anti-inflammatory ingredients. With only 6 ingredients, this recipe is super simple to make and is also a great way to get your kiddos involved in the cooking process! Getting creative in the kitchen is the perfect way to make eating healthy fun, and we hope you have a blast giving this recipe a try!
|Yields: 2 servings|
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 Mac Squash wheels
- 1 cup carrots, cubed
- 1 cup squash, cubed
- 1 cup cashew milk (can add more for desired consistency)
- 1/3 cup vegan sour cream
- 3 kalamata olives
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Cut up the carrots and squash into 1-inch cubes and drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Roast for 25 minutes, or until soft.
- While the vegetables are roasting, add the cubes and cashew milk to a saucepan. Heat for 4-5 minutes over high heat, or until softened.
- Add the roasted vegetables and Mac Squash mixture to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to bowls.
- Add a small amount of water to the sour cream to create a slightly thinner consistency. Pipe the sour cream in 3 circles on the top of the soup. Use a toothpick to drag the sour cream into 3 spiderweb shapes.
- Cut 1 olive in half to use as the body of each spider. Cut the other 2 olives into 8 slices each, creating a total of 16 slices. Top each bowl with an olive spider.