This post is also available in: Français
Whether you’re looking for new snacks to take to work, for your kid’s lunch, or for when you need a little energy boost, we’ve got you covered! Our smoothie cubes are so versatile, and one of our favourite ways to use them is in baking, particularly, muffins! These blueberry protein muffins are vegan, gluten-free and refined sugar free. They feature our Blueberry Haskap cubes which are full of antioxidants and protein – a feel good snack that’s nourishing both your mental and physical health!
|Yields: 10 muffins|
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 10 Blueberry Haskap Cubes
- 1 cup gluten-free flour
- 1 cup gluten-free quick oat flakes
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¾ cup oat milk
- ¼ cup olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp. chia seeds + 3 tbsp. water – mix together and let sit for 5 minutes)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Fresh blueberries – for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and line a pan with 10 muffin liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine the gluten free flour, oats, coconut sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and sea salt.
- In another bowl, combine the oat milk, oil, chia egg and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- To the pan, divide half the batter between 10 molds.
- Add 1 Blueberry Haskap cube to the center of each mold.
- Divide the remainder of the muffin batter between the 10 molds, covering the smoothie cube. Top with a few fresh blueberries.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until baked through and golden brown. Note: The center will still be soft due to the smoothie cube, but the top will become firmer.