This post is also available in: Français
Did you know our smoothie cubes don’t just have to be used to make smoothies?! They can be incorporated into desserts too! How cool is that? This Vegan Chocolate & Berry Mousse is the perfect example – it features both of our Viva and Azteque flavours. It has the most divine texture, delicious flavours and nourishing ingredients. This recipe is refined sugar-free and full of healthy fats, antioxidants and superfoods. This is the perfect recipe for Galentine’s Day, Valentine’s Day or any other day of the year!
|Yields: 4-6 parfaits|
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Cool Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 2 hours, 35 minutes
- 1 Azteque wheel
- 1 Viva wheel
- 1 ½ cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 can coconut milk
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Pinch of sea salt, optional
- Dash of vanilla, optional
- Optional: oat milk – add a few tablespoons if consistency is too thick
- Toppings: berries & chocolate drizzle
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup coconut cream
- 1 tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Pinch of sea salt
- Preparing the cashews: Soak in hot water for 30 minutes before using. Rinse well before mixing with other ingredients.
- In a blender, mix together the cashews, coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil, vanilla and sea salt until smooth.
- Split the mousse in half. Add the Viva cubes to one half and the Azteque cubes to the other half. Blend again until smooth.
- Making the ganache: Heat the coconut cream in a small pot until it’s simmering. Pour over the chocolate chips and let sit for a couple of minutes. Mix in the maple syrup, vanilla and sea salt. Stir until smooth.
- Divide the Viva mousse between 4-6 glasses. Pour the chocolate ganache on top of the Viva layer. Finally, pour the Azteque mousse on top of the chocolate ganache layer.
- Cover and place in the fridge to set for 2-3 hours, or until firm.
- Top with fresh berries and a drizzle of the chocolate ganache before serving.