This post is also available in: Français
Pad Thai is all about having that fusion of delicious ingredients that provide such exciting textures and flavours! The richness from the coconut milk and rice noodles, crunchiness from the bean sprouts and veggies, and the acidity from the lime yield such a well-balanced bite – it’s no wonder that this dish is so well-liked around the world! Our Vegan Pad Thai is no exception, and the best part is, it’s ready in just 25 minutes. Enjoy!!
Makes 2 to 3 servings
|– 1 Tom Thaï wheel|
– 1⁄4 cup natural peanut butter (no added salt, sugar, etc.)
– 6 tablespoons of coconut milk or cream
(can be substituted with water)
– Juice of half a lime
– 1 1⁄2 teaspoon of maple syrup
– 1⁄4 teaspoon of rice vinegar
– 1⁄2 teaspoon of soy sauce & sriracha sauce (optional)
– 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
– One medium zucchini
– One medium carrot
– A portion of rice noodles (flat type, fairly large)
– 1 cup of bean sprouts
– 2-3 green onions, chopped
– About 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
– 1⁄3 cup roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
– Optional toppings: fresh cilantro, green onions,
peanuts, lime wedges
1. Place the serving of rice noodles in a bowl and cover them with boiled water. Let stand for 8 to 10 min (or according to the time indicated on the package), rinse with cold water and drain. Set aside.
2. Pop the Evive wheels in a small saucepan and melt over low-medium heat.
3. While the cubes are melting, prepare the other “noodles” with a grater or spiralizer by transforming the zucchini and carrot into zoodles.
4. Prepare the sauce: transfer the melted Tom Thaï cubes to a blender. Add the peanut butter, coconut milk and lime juice (and sriracha sauce, if desired). Blend until smooth and creamy. Transfer to a small saucepan and heat over low heat.
5. Heat oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Sauté the zoodles quickly (2-3 minutes), being careful not to overcook them. Add the rice vermicelli and the sauce. Mix well.
6. Turn off the heat then add the green onions, fresh cilantro, and peanuts and stir. Garnish with more green onions, cilantro, peanuts, and a few lime wedges and serve.