This post is also available in: Français
Whether for brunch, breakfast or a delightful snack during a coffee break, a good muffin never disappoints. This muffin recipe is extra-special since I created it with my fellow COFFEE LOVERS in mind! 😍☕ If you haven’t tried Evive’s latest Cashew Mocha Smoothie yet, then this is the perfect opportunity to do so. Its rich texture means it allows the muffins to be so yummy and moist. And what’s great is that thanks to the Cashew Mocha cubes, there’s a total of 45 g of protein in this recipe! 😉
How to Make Yummy Choco-Mocha Muffins
Yields 10-12 muffins
|– 1 cup whole wheat flour (or all-purpose)|
– ½ cup of oat bran
– 1 teaspoon of baking powder
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ¼ teaspoon of ground vanilla
– 2 ½ wheels of the Cashew Mocha Smoothie, melted
– ¼ cup and 2 tablespoons of filtered coffee
– 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed
– 2 tablespoons of canola oil
– ¼ cup of cane sugar
– ¾ cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Lightly oil a muffin tin or use paper moulds. Set aside.
- In a first bowl, mix the flour, oat bran, baking powder, baking soda, salt and vanilla together.
- In a second bowl, mix the melted smoothie cubes, filtered coffee, flaxseeds, canola oil and the sugar with a fork until you get a more or less homogeneous mixture.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the wet one with a wooden spoon without over-mixing. Then gently add the chocolate chips.
- Pour evenly in the muffin pan and bake for 18-20 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out dry).