This post is also available in: Français
Raise your hand if you love fall! 🍂🧡 As colder weather approaches, it’s essential to support your immune system with vitamins and nutrients. Today, we’re making a carrot cake smoothie bowl that’s not only super delicious and comforting thanks to PRANA’s products but also super nutritious. Our Yin smoothie contains over 20 vitamins and minerals, including 150% of your daily value of Vitamin A, 70% of your daily value of Vitamin C, 30% Folate (Folic Acid), and 7 g of protein. Did you know that oats, apricots, and protein help improve your digestive system? Bonus: this smoothie is a good source of antioxidants and fibre!
|Preparation time: 10 minutes|
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 to 2 smoothie bowls
Granola (makes extra)
- 1 cup PRANA organic gluten-free oat flakes
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic almonds
- 1/2 cup PRANA organic walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Evive Yin wheels
- 3/4 cup unsweetened plant-based milk
- Add oat flakes, almonds, walnuts, cinnamon, ginger, cardamom and salt into a medium-sized bowl and mix. Set aside.
- Preheat a large pan on medium-high heat. Once hot, add coconut oil and maple syrup.
- Let the coconut oil melt and mix with maple syrup. Once it starts bubbling add the oat mixture and stir to coat.
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for 5-7 minutes or until the granola starts being fragrant. Stir regularly and keep a close eye on the granola to prevent from burning.
- Remove from the heat and let cool completely – it will become crunchy as it cools.
- Prepare the smoothie by adding 2 Evive Yin Wheels into a blender along with 3/4 cup of plant-based milk. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and top with granola, hemp and chia mix, dried apricots and apple slices. Enjoy immediately.