This post is also available in: Français
It’s the beginning of March, and we’re finally starting to feel Spring approaching in the snowy city of Montreal. The sun shines a little longer each day, the ice and snow are slowly melting, and we may be feeling more energized. If you’re like many of the people in our community, you may be trying to transition your eating habits from the heavy winter foods towards lighter, nutritious meals that incorporate lots of fruits and vegetables. This delicious and refreshing green smoothie bowl recipe is such a great breakfast or lunch since it’s well-balanced. You’ll enjoy the high dose of vitamins from the green veggies, as well as the good amount of protein found in the hemp seeds. Top it all off with your favourite toppings and get nourished! 💚
|• 1 cup of spinach or kale 🥬|
• ½ cup of frozen mango pieces 🥭
• ½ cup of frozen pineapple chunks 🍍
• 1 banana (frozen or not), broken into pieces 🍌
• 1 orange, peeled and quartered 🍊
• 4 cubes of Evive’s Yogi Smoothie
• ¼ cup of shelled hemp seeds
• fresh mint leaves (optional)
• 2-3 pieces of fresh ginger (optional)
• ½ to 1 cup of plant-based milk (depending on the desired texture)
1. In a blender, add the spinach and the rest of the ingredients. Start with ½ cup vegetable milk and adjust if necessary.
2. If you’re only using frozen fruits (mango, pineapple, banana), wait 5-10 minutes before mixing everything in order to let the fruit thaw slightly.
3. If necessary, scrape the edges of the blender with a spatula and blend again.
4. Pour into a bowl and garnish with our favourite toppings (granola, fresh fruit, seeds, nuts, fresh mint, etc.)